Welcome to the 256th episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. We cover the latest social media news from this past week, including easier ways to shop from Facebook apps including live shopping on Facebook Live and Instagram Live, Facebook Shop, Facebook Messenger Room enhancements,TextSniper and more.
- Facebook is launching shopping during live streams for Facebook Live and Instagram Live.
- Facebook has rolled out shops to help customers discover businesses and shop for products in the Facebook app.
- Messenger Rooms are adding ways to personalize your rooms with immersive backgrounds.
- New tool: Capture any on-screen text with TextSniper.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed Facebook paid online events.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 256
Live Shopping From Facebook and Instagram
Facebook wants to make it easier for you to shop and sell from their apps, including Instagram and Facebook.
This week, Facebook is launching live shopping for Facebook Live and Instagram Live.
What this means is that people can more easily discover and buy products via Facebook Shops.
Once products have been added to their shop, businesses can "set up a live experience featuring products from their Shop and sell directly from the video."
With live shopping, customers can watch a live stream and easily buy products from a Facebook or Instagram Live and checkout right from the app.
Why Live Shopping From Facebook Live and Instagram Live Matters For Your Business
If you find it hard to drive people who watch your live streams to shop, live shopping is going to be a game-changer.
Your business can simply add products to a Facebook Shop ahead of time, and then during your live video on Facebook or Instagram, you can easily direct a user to buy from your shop.
The great thing is there is no messy checkout process. If a customer wants to take advantage of live shopping, they can shop right from the app and checkout without leaving it.
Live shopping is currently rolling out to all businesses and creators in the United States. Be sure to update your respective Facebook and Instagram apps.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Facebook is introducing the Facebook Shop, a new place to discover businesses and shop for products in the Facebook app.
- You can now buy goods from companies such as Adidas, Nike, H&M and Kylie Cosmetics and use Instagram checkout, without leaving the app.
- Pinterest is looking to expand the context for product pins by adding labels.
- Facebook Messenger Rooms are adding new enhanced features such as AR effects (360-degree backgrounds, mood lighting) and more.
- Facebook News is expanding internationally.
- Instagram is adding a 'suggested posts' feature (and potential advertising opportunity) at the end of your Instagram Feed.
- Google is launching a WordPress plugin for creating web stories.
- Snapchat is launching new augmented reality lenses based on TikTok dances.
Improving Photos For Your Social Media Channels
We talked with George Damanis, a food photographer, about taking photos for social media.
Here are the tips that he shared.
Can You Share Three Types of Photos A Business Should Have On-hand
- A hero shot
- Product and service photos, what you offer
- Action and interaction photos, such as behind-the-scenes photos
What Type of Camera Does A Business Need For Taking Good Photographs?
- Skill is more important than equipment.
- A smartphone can be a great tool, but you need to develop your photography skills.
- If you're managing social media channels and you're not creative, are you in the right field?.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
TextSniper, Capture Unselectable On-screen Text
The first tool that we have for you this week is TextSniper.
Do you have a hard time selecting text in some documents?
With TextSniper, you can quickly capture any text from your Mac's screen.
This way you can capture and recognize text from presentations, trainings, screencasts,images, pictures, webpages, video tutorials, photos, PDFs etc without the need to retype it, whic can save you a lot of time.
Here is a look at how TextSniper works.
TextSniper is a Mac-only application. The are running a launch special where you can get it for $5, which is 50% off of their normal price of $10.Select unselectable on-screen text
Trace, Remove the Background From Images
The second tool that we have for you this week is Trace.
With Trace from Sticker Mule, you can quickly remove the background from your images in seconds.
By removing the background from your photos, you can then add images with a transparent background to your YouTube thumbnail images, incorporate them into Facebook Ads, bring them into videos and much more.
Here is a look at an image with the background removed using Trace.
You can use Trace from Sticker Mule to remove the background from your images for free. Keep in mind that there is a daily limit of 1-2 images.Remove the background from your images
To sum it up this week, Facebook is launching a number of e-commerce capabilities to help your business sell more and to help customers shop easier. These include live shopping on Facebook Live and Instagram Live. They're even making the checkout process easier so that customers can shop and checkout right inside their apps. This way your business can focus on designing and selling great products, rather than working in your business.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!