Welcome to the 255th episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. We cover the latest social media news from this past week, including Facebook paid online events, changes to Instagram authentication, NeuralCam Live and more.
- Facebook launched online paid events.
- Scribd is buying Slideshare from LinkedIn.
- Facebook is testing 26-second short videos.
- Sponsored posts are starting to appear within Facebook Groups.
- You might soon be able to track the success of Group posts using Group analytics.
- New tool: NeuralCam Live can turn your you iPhone into a webcam.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed updated TikTok community guidelines.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 255
Facebook Paid Online Events, Another Revenue Source For Your Business
Do you need another revenue source for your business? Maybe you run events for talks, podcast recordings, cooking classes, meet-and-greets, fitness classes and more?
In an effort to support Small Businesses, this week, Facebook launched Facebook paid online events.
With Facebook paid online events, your Facebook Page can now run your own online events and generate revenue from them.
Pages can host events on Facebook Live to reach broad audiences, and we're testing paid events with Messenger Rooms for more personal and interactive gatherings.
For the first year, Facebook will not collect any fees from paid online events.
Keep in mind that your small biz will collect 70% of the revenue and Facebook will keep 30% to cover fees in subsequent years.
Why Facebook Paid Online Events Matter For Your Business
Many small businesses are struggling. By adding Facebook paid online events, your Facebook Page can now run Facebook Live videos and charge users.
If you are already using live video, paid events makes sense and is a natural progression for your business.
In order to run paid online events on Facebook, you will first need to meet their partner monetization policies.
You can check if your Facebook Page is in good standing to run Facebook paid online events here.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Facebook is adding 'follow settings' to Facebook Pages.
- Facebook is replacing 'shop now' in Ads Manager with 'view shop'.
- Instagram is rolling out new authenticity measures.
- Facebook is testing 26-second TikTok-style short videos on the platform.
- Adobe wants to cut down on altered images that you see online.
- You will start to see branded content in Facebook Groups.
- Facebook Groups are testing post-level analytics for posts.
- Facebook launching Educator Hub.
- To control misinformation, TikTok is launching an information center.
How to Monetize Live Video
We talked with Ross Brand, host of StreamYard Connect, about how you can monetize your live video content.
Here are the tips that he shared.
Does It Make Sense to Monetize Your Business With Live Streaming?
- It makes sense to livestream if you have the time and talent for it and enjoy doing it.
- Keep in mind that people may see more results from other types of online content.
What Are Some Ways to Monetize Live Videos?
- Providing value and building relationships. This can lead to monetizing your live streams.
- Building your digital portfolio can also help attract sponsors.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
Neuralcam Live, Turn Your iPhone Into A Webcam
The first tool that we have for you this week is NeuralCam Live.
Are you in need of a better webcam to pre-record videos or to use it for live streaming?
Did you know that you can use your Apple iPhone as a webcam?
To use your iPhone as a webcam, all you need is your device, a usb cable, and the NeuralCam Live app.
Plug your iPhone into a computer, download and install the NeuralCam Live app on your computer and on your smartphone, then launch your favorite live streaming software, such as StreamYard or Restream IO and choose NeuralCam Live as your camera. You can also use NeuralCam Live for Zoom calls as a virtual camera.
In addition to using your smartphone as a webcam, NeuralCam Live uses artificial intelligence to add professional color grading, blur out certain movements, improve low light situations and much more. Take a look below.
NeuralCam Live is a free download for your iPhone. If you want to upgrade to some of the advanced color grading features, prices start at $4.99 per month of $29.99 annually.
Use your smartphone as a webcam
Cleanfeed, Multitrack, Multi-party Live Audio Recording
The second tool that we have for you this week is Cleanfeed.
Do you need to conduct audio interviews with people around the world?
Cleanfeed, a Skype alternative, makes it easy to conduct high-quality audio recordings from your web-browser.
With Cleanfeed, you can create high-quality audio recordings from anywhere.
Regardless of where you are in the world, Cleanfeed helps ensure you can conduct a broadcast, record a podcast interview, or work with musicians, DJs, voiceover artists and more.
Here is a look at how to use Cleanfeed for your audio recordings.
You can use Cleanfeed Standard for free. If you need to add audio repair, channel mix control, multitrack recording and more, you will want to upgrade to Cleanfeed Pro, which starts at $22 per month.Try Cleanfeed
To sum it up this week, your Facebook Page can now run a Facebook Live and charge users thanks to Facebook paid online events. This gives your business anoter potential channel to generate revenue.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!