Welcome to the 242nd episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. We cover the latest social media news from this past week, including Facebook Shops, Instagram Guides, Facebook Avatars and more.
- Facebook and Instagram Shops for your small business.
- Create a customized virtual persona with Facebook Avatars.
- Creators can connect with expert organizations to share resources using new Instagram Guides.
- Share LinkedIn comments during your StreamYard broadcast.
- Restream Studio allows you to invite guests.
- Use Beacon to quickly create downloadable guides and worksheets for customers/
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 242
Facebook and Instagram Shops For Your Small Business
In Facebook news, they launched Facebook Shops, a way for your business to create an online store that will work across Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and eventually WhatsApp.
Facebook had this to say about Facebook Shops.
We want to give people a place to experience the joy of shopping versus the chore of buying. And we want to help small businesses adapt and make it easier for people to discover and shop for things they love.
Here are a number of videos that show you how to use Facebook Shops.
Introducing Facebook Shops
Facebook Shops: Browsing and Purchasing
With Facebook Shops, you will also be getting an Instagram Shop tab as well late Summer 2020. Here are some additional shopping features being added for businesses.
- Facebook Shops during live videos
- Sell products from your shop during Instagram Live videos
- Sync customer loyalty programs with your Facebook Shops
- Sync your Facebook Shop with Shopify, WooCommerce, ChannelAdvisor, CedCommerce, Cafe24, Tienda Nube and Feedonomics BigCommerce
Keep in mind that Facebook Shops will be rolling out gradually. In order to use the Facebook Shop on your Facebook Page, you will need to have the "shop" Page template turned on.
Why Facebook Shops Matter For Your Business
If your business has been looking to build an online presence, using Facebook Shops is a no-brainer. Facebook makes it extremely easy for your small business to set up a shop.
Your customers can also get the help they need from your Facebook Shop. If they have a question, they can easily message your business through WhatsApp, Messenger or Instagram Direct to get help - if your business is not actively messaging customers, you will need to start to make it a practice if you choose to enable this.
With Facebook Shops, which you can set up for free, you will get greater control over the products you sell on your website and those that you make available through Facebook Shops.
One last thing to remember is that running a Facebook Shop does not replace having a website. You own a website. You do not own your Facebook presence. Your business gets an additional channel to sell your products, goods and services with Facebook Shops.
This could be a great opportunity to list some products that work well on Facebook and put the full inventory on your website to see what sells.
Remember, Facebook Shops will be rolling out over the coming months, so you have time to start to think about your inventory and what you want to sell through Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp and what your customers can only get through your website.
To create a Facebook Shop, follow these instructions.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Make your own Facebook Avatar to use in comments, stories and Messenger.
- Instagram launches Instagram Guides to let creators curate content together. These look very similar to Pinterest boards.
- You can now invite guests to Restream Studio.
- Google Chrome is adding tab grouping.
- Facebook acquires Giphy.
Big Brand Digital Marketing Strategies For Small Businesses
This week on our social media marketing talk show, we also invited Jacobe Hollins, a Digital Product & Engagement Lead at McDonald's to share tips to help small businesses tap into big brand digital marketing strategies.
Here are the tips that he shared.
What Are the Benefits of A Company That Is Digitally Connected With Their Employees?
- You can run a better business if you are connected with your frontline employees
- If we can get them on a platform where they can see information from the brand, the company can gain feedback from employees
- By connecting with employees digitally, you can help ensure information is reaching them
Why Are Companies Creating Digital Strategies For Frontline Employees?
- Avoid a tech disconnect between your employees and your customers - help them be savvy.
- Keep your frontline employees aware of what is going on in the business
- By empowering employees, the company can ensure they are helping employees learn and grow and build their digital skills with customers
What Happens If Quick-Service Restaurant Businesses Focus Their Digital Strategy Solely On Customer Facing Products?
- You don't have to directly teach someone digital, but you can provide them with tools to help them
- Invest in both your customers and employees - together, it can improve your business
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is RightMessage.
How would you like to drive more opt-ins on your website? Maybe you want to learn more about the people who sign-up for your email list?
RightMessage helps you create customized content for your website visitors based on the information they select on your site.
Here is an example of a. basic blogger funnel in RightMessage.
You can try RightMessage free for 14-days. From there, RightMessage starts at $29 per month. If you need to customize the headline, images, landing page copy and more, you will need to upgrade to the personalized plan for $129 per month.
Create personalized content for your website visitors
Beacon, Create Free Lead Magnets For Your Business
The second tool that we have for you this week is Beacon.
Would you like to build and grow your email list?
A powerful (and easy) way you can do this is through your content. For example, you can offer content upgrades throughout your content, such as a workbook, PDF download, checklist and more.
If you want to create downloadable guides, workbooks and worksheets, to support a video tutorial or article, give Beacon a try.
Not only do they make it easy to make your guides easy to download, you can create them within Beacon or even import a blog post and turn it into a download in second.
Here is a short video on how to use Beacon to recycle your blog posts.
You can use Beacon for free. If you want access to traditional PDF downloads, a custom domain name or the full template library, prices start at $49 per month.
Create a leadmagnet to grow your email list
To sum it up, you can use Facebook Avatars to customize a virtual lookalike of yourself for use as stickers in comments and Messenger chats.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!