Welcome to the 260th episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. In addition to covering the latest breaking social media news, this article will focus on social media news from this past week, including Facebook Business Suite, an app for managing business accounts across Facebook, Instagram and Messenger.
We will also take a look at the following social media news topics.
- Manage all of your business accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Messenger with the Business Suite app from Facebook.
- Use the Facebook Rights Manager tool to control your intellectual property.
- See hashtag usage metrics in Page and Profile posts.
- LinkedIn has updated their Master Targeting Guide.
- Instagram's IGTV will now add automatic captions to your videos.
- You can now publish your podcasts on Amazon Music.
- New tool: FilmicPro DoubleTake can turn your Apple iPhone into a multi-cam Studio.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed YouTube Shorts, an alternative to Instagram Reels and TikTok.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 260
Facebook Business Suite, An App to Manage Business Accounts On Facebook, Instagram & Messenger
This week, Facebook launched Facebook Business Suite, an app to help you manage business accounts from Facebook, Instagram and Messenger.
You get a single place on desktop and mobile to access the tools you need for your business on Facebook.
With Business Suite, you can manage all your activities in one place, giving you time back to focus on other aspects of your business.
How to Use Facebook Business Suite
First, you need to link your Facebook and Instagram Business accounts together.
To link the two together, click here.
Here are some of the ways Facebook outlined how to take advantage of Facebook Business Suite.
- View updates at a glance: See all critical alerts, messages, comments and other activity across Facebook and Instagram that need your attention within the Business Suite home screen, allowing you to easily prioritize and manage your business activity throughout the day. Try setting up a personalized saved reply for common questions and create a shortcut to streamline responses.
- Share with your Facebook and Instagram communities: Draft a new feed post for both Facebook and Instagram, and then schedule it to be published at a time that makes sense for your core audience.
- Understand what’s working: Navigate to the “Insights” tab to view insights on reach, engagement and post performance across Facebook and Instagram. See what’s resonating with customers and optimize your efforts for each platform.
- Grow your audience: Consider boosting a post or creating an ad to get more people to see and engage with your content.
How to Access Facebook Business Suite
To access Business Suite, you need to login to the Facebook account that you have associated with your business.
If you try to access Facebook Business Suite from the Facebook Pages Manager App on your mobile device, you will be prompted to opt in to Business Suite.
Alternatively, you can download the Facebook Business Suite app from your iOS or Android devices.
One interesting note is that Facebook doesn't recommend Business Suite if you are using Ads Manager.
Why Facebook Business Suite Matters For Your Business
With Business Suite, business owners will be able to see the following items: critical alerts, messages, comments and other activity taking place across Facebook and Instagram right in the new app’s home screen. Businesses can also set up personalized saved replies, in order to respond to common customer inquiries.
Business Suite also allows you to create posts for your Facebook and Instagram feed, schedule posts, view Insights - reach, engagement, and so on across these two platforms.
These are all especially useful tools for your business.
Remember, this is an initial roll-out of Facebook Business Suite. Right now, it caters to small and medium-size businesses, who need a seamless way to post and manage their presence on Facebook and Instagram.
Over time, we expect Business Suite tools to grow so that they are useful across other Facebook-owned properties, such as WhatsApp.
Remember, the new Facebook Business Suite is rolling out gradually in September 2020, so if you don't have access to it just yet and you need it to manage your business, keep trying.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Facebook is rolling out Rights Manager.
We built tools like Rights Manager in Creator Studio to help creators and publishers who have a large or growing catalog of content better control when, how and where their content is shared across Facebook and Instagram.
- See how useful a hashtag is before you post on your Page or Profile with new Facebook hashtag metrics.
- Facebook is adding a number of requested features (claim a Group without an Admin) to Groups. They're also going to be tightening up on repeated rule breakers.
- You can now publish your podcasts to Amazon Music.
- Twitter is testing 'audio space'.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is DoubleTake.
Are you using any of the following Apple devices: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, Xs Max, Xs, Xr, SE 2. iPad Pro 2018 and 2020?
Did you know that instead of buying additional cameras and webcams, you can use your Apple devices camera?
With DoubleTake from FilmicPro (one of our most-recommended apps), it transforms your iPhone into a multi-cam studio allowing you to capture video from two cameras at the same time on recent devices.
Not only will this allow you to repurpose your existing hardware, but you can also save money, while tapping into the powerful cameras on the above Apple devices.
These will make it easy for you to record multiple angles of video that you can edit into other types of videos.
DoubleTake from FilmicPro is available as a free download.Record Video From Multiple Cameras
The second tool that we have for you this week is Searchie.
Do you create a lot of online content? This could include videos, social media posts, blog posts and more.
Customers can now easily search across all of your content in seconds, to find what they are looking for.
With Searchie, you simply add your feeds (video, audio, social media platforms, etc). Searchie will then automatically transcribe, organize and make your content searchable by keyword in minutes.
One of the challenges of creating content is that it can often be difficult for your audience to find it so that they can consume it.
You can try Searchie for free. Prices start at around $29 per month for five hours of uploads per month, auto generated transcripts, a widget and more.Make your content easier to find and consume
To sum it up this week, we discussed Facebook Business Suite, a new app from Facebook for managing business accounts across Facebook, Instagram and Messenger (WhatsApp is hopefully coming soon). While it is primarily geared towards small and medium businesses, we anticipate Business Suite will become standard eventually.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!