- YouTube launches video builder for creating free video ads.
- Instagram rolls out stickers for local businesses offering gift cards and delivery.
- LinkedIn is testing LinkedIn polls.
- New tool: Easil can help you with creating beautiful professional-quality graphics for your business
- New tool: Switchboard can simulcast live video to multiple platforms for you.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed IGTV Ad guidelines and YouTube Live analytics with Christian Karasiewicz, Jim Fuhs, and Angus Nelson.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 238
YouTube Video Builder, Create Free Video Ads For Your Business
In YouTube news, they have rolled out YouTube Video Builder, a free video ads builder.
According to YouTube, Video Builder is a "free, self-service tool that animates static assets—images, text, and logos—with music from our library. You can choose from a variety of YouTube-optimized video layouts based on your message and goals, customize visual aspects like colors and font, and quickly generate a short YouTube video (6 seconds, 15 seconds, or 16 seconds). Video Builder is currently available in English only, but supports various languages when creating a video."
Here are instructions on how to use YouTube Video Builder to create your next video ads for YouTube.
YouTube Video Builder: How to Create Video Ads
Why YouTube Video Builder Matters For Your Business
If you struggle with creating video ads for your business, now you don't have to. With the new video builder tool, you can take yur images and text and turn them into short YouTube videos in seconds.
While you might have access to other video tools such as the paid tool, Content Samurai, YouTube Video Builder is a free alternative for quickly creating video ads.
Not only will your business be able to save money, but you can start producing your own ads yourself without the need to hire a Video Editor.
To begin using YouTube Video Builder, follow these instructions.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- YouTube is testing video chapters in the video scruber. It utilizes the timestamp data in your video description.
- Verizon is buying BlueJeans, a Zoom video conferencing competitor.
- Instagram is testing simulcasting Instagram Live to Facebook.
- Instagram has added stickers if your local business offers gift cards and delivery.
- In testing: Instagram fundraising buttons.
- Facebook publishes 64-page guide for businesses on connecting with customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Facebook launches Care reactions in the Facebook app and in Messenger.
- In testing: 3-day Facebook Stories (instead of 24-hour Stories).
- LinkedIn is testing hashtag presentation mode, which is similar to Pinterest boards and Tweetdeck.
- LinkedIn is working on a image cropping tool to include straightening an image and zooming in on it.
Live Video Tips For Business Owners
This week on our social media marketing talk show, we also invited Stephanie Liu to share tips to help your business build and grow an audience using live video. Building an audience can be one of the most challenging parts of live video production.
Here are the tips that she shared.
How Do You Build A Live Video Audience?
- Repurpose your content. For example, turns videos into blog posts. Most Vloggers filme videos, but don't write about them.
- Join other live videos, podcasts or guest blog posts for more expisure.
- Promote your live videos to your email list, in addition to on your social media channels.
Where Do You See Remove Live Production Headed?
- More businesses will be looking for a remote live video producer in the future.
- Brush-up on your skills.
- Identify a niche where you are good at.
Tell Us About This Upcoming Ecamm Live Video Bootcamp
- Ecamm is running a free live video bootcamp, called Leap Into Live.
- It runs April 29 - May 1, 2020. A recording of the sessions will be available afterwards.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is Easil.
How would you like to have professional images and graphics for your blog posts? Maybe you need to quickly remove the background on images for your live video overlays?
With Easil, you get access to 15,000+ professional quality templates (with an Easil Edge plan) that you can easily customize, including using your own branding.
Easil is a powerful alternative to programs such as Canva
You can use Easil free or upgrade to the Easil Plus plan for just $75 for an annual subscription. You get access to 7,500+ templates, the ability to quickly remove the background grom images, custom fonts, the design resize tool for turning your Facebook images into content for Stories and much more.Create beautiful images and graphics for your business with Easil
Switchboard Live Video Multi-streaming
The second tool that we have for you this week is Switchboard.
Switchboard is a live video tool. They are very similar to Restream.
With Switchboard, you can reduce the complexity of your live streams. Your audience can choose the platform that works best for them. For example, you can stream to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Live, YouTube Live, Vimeo, Twitch or use RTMP.
A number of major brands trust Switchboard for their live streams, including the Philadelphia Eagles, Harley-Davidson, ESPN, Twitter and many others. Here is a look at Switchboard for your live video productions.
You can try Switchboard free for 7-days. Prices then start at $35 per month to stream to 3+ destinattions, 2.5Mbps 720p quality, 1 team member, up to 25 hours of streaming per month and more.
Try Switchboard for live video multi-streaming
That's it for this week's episode of Social Chatter.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!