- Instagram announces IGTV Ad Guidelines for those eligible to monetize their IGTV videos.
- LinkedIn is testing online events.
- YouTube rolls out live streaming analytics.
- Facebook launches Facebook Quiet Mode.
- StreamYard extends length of video overlays.
- Rogue Amoeba adds live streaming audio to Audio Hijack.
- New tool: Kapwing can help you create images, videos and GIFS for free.
- New podcasting tool: Podcorn can help you find podcast sponsorships.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed Pinterest shop tabs with Christian Karasiewicz and Jim Fuhs.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 237
IGTV Ad Guidelines Announced
In Instagram news, they have announced IGTV Ad guidelines, for Creators who are eligible to monetize their IGTV videos.
The new IGTV Ad guidelines state the following for Creators who want to maintain their IGTV Ads eligibility.
- Stay up to date on Instagram's Community Guidelines
- Only share content you created or have the rights to use
- Don't post content you did not create or have the rights to use
- Don't post content that could be considered false, misleading or overly sensational
- Don't share content in ways that compromise quality for viral distribution
Why IGTV Ad Guidelines Matter For Your Business
If you are lucky enough to be able to monetize your IGTV videos with ads, you now have another potential revenue stream for your business.
What this means though is that you should do your best to be authentic and to follow these new IGTV ad guidelines to help ensure you maintain your eligibility for your account.
If you don't yet have access to run IGTV ads, we encourage you to use the. platform and to share IGTV videos and to keep working hard, as your efforts could lead to being invited into the program at some point.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- YouTube improves analytics for live streams.
- IGTV redesigned to focus more on Creators.
- Instagram launches Thank You Hour stickers.
- StreamYard, the popular live video streaming too, has extended video overlays to 5 minutes.
- Facebook rolls out Facebook Quiet Mode, which mutes most push notifications.
- Facebook to supply Facebook Portal to some care home residents.
- Rogue Amoeba adds the ability to live stream audio to Audio Hijack.
How To Identify Your Target Customer
This week on our social media marketing talk show, we also invited Angus Nelson to share tips to help your business identify who your target customers are. Without knowing who you are trying to reach, your marketing message can fall flat.
Here are the tips that he shared.
Why Is It Important To Understand Your Ideal Customer Or Buyer Persona?
- Identifying who your primary prospects are how you create messaging that truly matters. When a customer feels that you deeply understand them, they will pay attention and inquire further.
- Learning their specific pains and challenges helps you craft content the strikes at the core of their motivations - they are seeking a solution. (read reviews, help tickets, and listen to support calls)
- Customers don't care as much about the "how" you're going to solve a problem. They want to know that you have already successfully solved this same issue for others and that it is possible for me too.
- All sales and marketing are about the customer. Focus on them, deeply care and serve - you win.
- If you try to please everyone, you will please no one. Isolate the immediate, core people/businesses you can help and go deep with them... you'll learn more in 6 weeks about your company's real value proposition than in 6 years of operations.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is Kapwing.
Do you need to create videos, images or GIFs for your business?
Maybe you want to create a video tutorial for your customers or make your own animated GIFs? Or maybe you need to add subtitles to your videos? Look no further than Kapwing.
You can quickly create visual content, customize images, resize videos for your social media channels, trim your videos, add audio and much much more!
You can use Kapwing for free or you can upgrade to Kapwing Pro for $20 per month to unlock publishing videos that are 40 minutes long, make your content private and much much more!
Get access to a powerful video and image tool with Kapwing
The second tool that we have for you this week is Podcorn.
Do you run your own podcast? How you would you like to bring on a sponsor for your podcast?
It can be a difficult process to get a company to sponsor your podcast. Often times, you might not find the right business that aligns with your brand.
Fortunately, with Podcorn, podcasters and brands can simplify the process to find sponsorships. They "give brands and podcasters an all-in one dashboard that streamlines and scales all the moving pieces of podcast sponsorships." This can lead to brand collaborations and of course, additional revenue opportunities for your business. You can start using Podcorn to find sponsors from the link below.
Find sponsorships for your podcast
That's it for this week's episode of Social Chatter.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!