- Pinterest launches Pinterest Shop Tabs.
- WhatsApp imposes message forwarding limits.
- Snapchat announceed Snapchat App Stories.
- Twitter is considering renaming Twitter lists to channels.
- Instagram is testing a feature called Instagram Fundraisers.
- Produce your own live video show with Restream Studio.
- Customize your Zoom link previews with images & event sites using ZmURL.
- Use Catch-up to stay on-top of trending topics, podcasts and more.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed new Facebook Live tools with Christian Karasiewicz, Jim Fuhs and Lisa Patrick.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 236
Pinterest Shop Tabs
In Pinterest news, they announced Pinterest Shop Tabs.
Pinterest shop tabs will allow users to browse in-stock inventory from "Shop" tabs in Pinterest search and on Pinterest boards.
With the new Pinterest shopping tabs, users can quickly locate in-stock items from retailers. Some sample queries include "spring outfits," "kitchen remodel," etc.
If there are shoppable items, you will see Pinterest shop tabs. If you want to shop, you can shop directly from Pinterest without having to go to a websites separate checkout process. Here is a look at how the shop tabs work.
Why Pinterest Shop Tabs Matter For Your Business
Pinterest shop tabs make it easier for customers to shop directly from your Pinterest pins.
Customers can pin design ideas, but now they can shop your products (and see inventory).
As a business, there are two things you can do to encourage more shopping from Pinterest.
The first is to be sure you have added Pinterest images to your blog or website. We recommend using Social Warfare. You can customize the image that users can pin to Pinterest.
Additionally, you should optimize your images for SEO and for Pinterest search. This way customers can discover your products on their own. A tool to help you can easily do this with is Tasty Pins.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Restream announced the live video tool, Restream Studio.
- WhatsApp imposed WhatsApp message forwarding limits. You can now forward a message one time.
- Snapchat launched Snapchat App Stories, which allow you to feature Snapchat Stories in third-party apps such as Triller, Squad, Hily, and Octi.
- Twitter is looking to rename Twitter lists to Twitter Channels.
- Instagram is testing Instagram Fundraisers.
- To support restaurants during COVID-19, Instagram is rolling out "delivery stickers".
- Facebook is adding Facebook Series for Pages to publish episodic content on your Pages.
- Facebook is testing Facebook Messenger Auto Status, a feature that automatically shares your status with people you choose.
- Facebook quietly introduced Facebook Tuned, a multimedia messaging app for couples.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is ZmURL.
ZmURL is a free tool for Zoom. You can use it to easily customize the link previews for your meetings and events.
To use ZmURL, simply add your Zoom meeting information. You can then upload an image and customize your Zoom meeting URL so that it is easier for attendees to access.
ZmURL is a free tool for customizing your Zoom meeting link and event.Customize your Zoom MEetings
The second tool that we have for you this week is Catch-up.
Catch-up is a mobile app that can help you stay on-top of trending topics, new podcasts and more.
With Catch-up, you are presented with news in the form of video, text and audio.
Catch-up is a freemium app. You can unlock additional pieces of news starting at $20 per month or $150 for a lifetime subscription.
Use Catch-up to keep up with trending topics
That's it for this week's episode of Social Chatter.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!