Welcome to the 250th episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. We cover the latest social media news from this past week, including WhatsApp Business QR code and catalog links, Facebook music videos for Pages, Elgato Screen Link and more.
- WhatsApp Business is adding QR code scanning and business catalogs.
- Facebook is launching officially licensed Facebook music videos.
- Google Analytics can now predict if a visitor will become a customer.
- Snapchat is testing a TikTok format in Discover.
- TikTok launched their self-serve ad buying platform.
- You can use your GoPro as a webcam.
- New tool: Use Elgato Screen Link to quickly record your screen.
- New tool: Streamfox, new livestreaming studio software.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed Instagram pinned comments.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 250
WhatsApp Business QR Code Scanning, Catalog Sharing
Do you need to contact a business? Sometimes it can be hard to get in touch with them. Do you contact them through their website? Send them an email? Or reach out through their social media channels?
This week, WhatsApp is making it easier for you to contact a business with the help of WhatsApp Business Qr code scanning.
This new feature makes it easy for you to reach a business through WhatsApp simply by scanning a QR code on a business display in its storefront, on product packaging, or from a receipt.
In addition, WhatsApp Business has added WhatsApp Business catalog links, which makes it easier for customers to share catalogs and individual items on websites, Facebook, Instagram and more!
To learn how to share your WhatsApp Business catalog links here.
Here is a look at how WhatsApp Business QR code scanning and catalog link sharing works.
Why WhatsApp Business QR Code Scanning & Catalog Links Matter For Your Business
As a business, you want to make it easy for customers to contact you.
With a myriad of channels to contact you, it is up to you to help steer your customers to the right place.
If you struggle responding back to customers, you may want to consider implementing WhatsApp Business QR code scanning in your business.
Not only can it help improve your customer service, but you make it much easier and less frustrating on your customers to contact your business if they need help or have questions.
WhatsApp Business QR code scanning and catalog links are both available globally. Simply update your WhatsApp Business app from your devices App Store.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Facebook is launching official music videos for Pages.
- You can now use your GoPro as a webcam. Here's how.
- Google Analytics adding predictive capabilities to analyze, predict customer data.
- Snapchat is testing a new format in Discover, that rivals TikTok design.
- TikTok launches self-serve ad buying platform.
Live Streaming Tips For Businesses
We talked with Yifat Cohen about how a business can use live video. Here are tips that she shared. Be sure to also check out her show, I'm That Geek.
What Advice Would You Have For Businesses Thinking About Starting Live Streaming?
Here are tips that Yifat Cohen shared on using live video in your business.
- Think about the difference between a pre-recorded video and a live video.
- Move the viewer from passive to active participant.
- Always drive traffic to your site (don't build your home on rented properties)
What Are 3 Tips You Would Give to Give Yourself More Confidence On Camera?
- Do what the pro's do - don't talk to a motionless camera
- Always look at the camera, not at the person you're talking to (eye contact)
- Simple is better. You don't need a green screen and pizazz, you need a clean background and be entertaining
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
Elgato Screen Link
The first tool that we have for you this week is Elgato Screen Link.
Do you need to record your screen? Maybe you want to create a tutorial from your iPhone or iPad, to share with clients?
Elgato Screen Link makes it extremely simple to wirelessly capture your iPhone ior iPad screen to your Mac or PC.
Here is a video that shows you how to use the Elgato Screen Link.
Elgato Screen Link is available as a free download from your devices App Store, with an in-app purchase option for unlocking unlimited, high-quality recording.Record your screen wirelessly with Screen Link
The second tool that we have for you this week is Streamfox.
While there is no shortage of live streaming studio tools, each brings their own perspective to live video.
This week, we are taking a look at Streamfox, an alternative to StreamYard.
Streamfox makes it easy to hold private video calls, live stream to your favorite social media platforms, and go live in just four clicks.
With Streamfox, you can bring on up to six guests at a time, multistream, chat with viewers, access an Editor and more from their studio dashboard.
If you are interested in trying Streamfox, to see how simple, yet intuitive the dashboard is, you can do so below.
To sum it up this week, WhatsApp Business QR code scanning and catalog links can help your business improve your overall customer service, while making it easy for customers to quickly access your available products, and buy them in less time.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!