Welcome to the 271st episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. In addition to covering the latest breaking social media news, this article will focus on social media news from this past week, including shopping Instagram Reels, a way for you to display products in your Reels content, that viewers can buy.
We will also take a look at the following social media news topics.
- LinkedIn rolled out product pages.
- YouTube is lowering the requirements for membership on your channel.
- Twitter is plans to shutdown Periscope in 2021.
- Turn your tweets into Snapchat stickers.
- Facebook launches Collab, a TikTok alternative for creating music videos.
- New tool: Export Comments, for exporting social media comments on your favorite platform.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed WhatsApp Carts to make it easier for your customers to shop from a WhatsApp Business chat.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 271
Shop Instagram Reels Videos
This week, Instagram added the ability to shop Instagram Reels.
Now when you are creating short-form videos for Reels, businesses and creators will have the ability to tag the products that are featured in your Reels.
If someone is viewing your Reels, they can tap on the "view products" button to either buy, save or learn more about the featured products.
In addition, creators can add a tag for "branded content" if they are being pair by a brand.
The ability to shop Instagram Reels is rolling out globally, starting today.
Why Shopping From Instagram Reels Matters For Your Business
If you are a creator or business, you'll now be able to better monetize your Instagram presence by adding shopping to your Instagram Reels.
If you're new to Reels, you might benefit from watching other similar channels (or your competitors), to see what types of content they are sharing. For example, you could talk about new merchandise (or show it off), show ways to use your products and much more. The possibilities for Reels are endless.
The more you can get in-front of the right audience, the better chance you stand to not only attract viewers, but eventually sell products featured in your Instagram Reels.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- YouTube no longer requires you to have 5,000 subscribers on your channel in order to access the membership feature.
- Periscope is being shutdown, starting March 2021, in favor of Twitter Live?
- Twitter is acquiring and shutting down Squad.
- Share your tweets as stickers on Snapchat.
- Facebook launches Collabs app for creating music videos.
- Pinterest launches new features for pinning.
Overcoming Lower Facebook Reach
We talked with Scott Ayres about how businesses can reach more people beyond Facebook.
Here are the tips that he shared.
How to Overcome Diminishing Reach
- Experiment with other social media platforms.
- Pay to play (Facebook Ads over organic posts).
- Avoid using tactics that Facebook considers out of favor, such as sharing link posts.
Is Clubhouse the Next Social Media Platform?
- Not really. Clubhouse has been out for a few years now. It is currently invite-only (and only available for iOS).
- It can be a time-waster if your audience isn't on the platform.
- If your audience isn't on Clubhouse, teach them how to join and use it.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is Shift.
Do you notice your computer slows down when you open up a lot of browser tabs and applications?
Or maybe you need to switch between multiple social media accounts that you manage?
Rather than logout and back in, give Shift a try.
With Shift, you can manage multiple accounts, browser tabs and applications from one window - that won't slow down your computer.
This can not only help increase your productivity, but also improve your efficiency.
Here is a look at how Shift works with extensions.
Shift is a free download for up to 2 accounts and 1 app. You can upgrade to the advanced plan for $99.99 per year, which gives you access to unlimited accounts and unlimited apps, such as 1Password, Facebook, Slack and more, along with shared workspaces.Manage your apps and websites from one window with Shift
The second tool that we have for you this week is Export Comments.
Do you need to export comments from your social media posts?
Export Comments is a valuable tool for most social media managers.
Simply enter a link to a social media post and it will export the comments from Facebook Pages, Profiles, Groups, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube videos and more into an Excel document.
You can then easily sort through comments. For example, maybe you need to pick a contest winner or want to find testimonials to use on your website?
Rather than spend hours looking through comments, you can quickly scan a document for hashtags and appropriate keywords.
Export Comments is available for free for up to 100 comments. You can upgrade to their Personal plan, which gives you access to 5,000 comments for 3 days for $11. If you need to export more comments, they also offer a premium plan for $45 per month for up to 50,000 comments.Quickly export social media comments
To sum it up this week, we discussed how to shop Instagram Reels.
If you have embraced Instagram Reels, you can now monetize your videos by listing products that were featured in your videos.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!