- YouTube Applause
- LinkedIn Live Targeting added to Restream
- TikTok Launches Family Safety Mode
- Use Easy Advocacy to reach your employees and help ampify your content
- Use Send Calendar to boost attendance on your Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Webinar and more!
We also talked about Bitmoji TV and Instagram Stories GIF replies last week on Episode 227.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 229
In YouTube news, you can now buy applause with YouTube Applause.
With YouTube Applause (which mirrors a Twitch feature), you can show your support for your favorite YouTube Creators by buying clapping - it costs $2.
If you are a YouTube Creator, keep in mind that you will need over 100,000 subscribers to get YouTube Applause on your channel, provided they select your channel.
Here is a look at how YouTube Applause works.
Why YouTube Applause Matters For Your Business
While YouTube would keep 30 percent of revenue generated from YouTube Applause, if your YouTube channel has a large number of subscribers and you are in Australia, Brazil, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, and the United States, Applause could be a great way to further monetize your channel.
If you don't meet the requirements for YouTube Applause, you can still run ads, use features such as Super Chats, Super Stickers as ways to monetize your channel./a>.
LinkedIn Live Targeting Comes To Restream
In LinkedIn news, if you are a Restream user, you can now add LinkedIn Live Targeting, an advanced feature for broadcasters streaming to LinkedIn that provides the ability to target specific audiences based on language and location.
Our @LinkedIn partnership just got a significant upgrade! 💎
🌟 Introducing LinkedIn Live targeting directly from within Restream
— Restream (@Restreamio) February 18, 2020
Why LinkedIn Live Targeting Matters For Your Business
LinkedIn Live Targeting is an advanced feature for broadcasters streaming to LinkedIn. It adds the ability to target specific audiences based on language and location.
Keep in mind that in order to use LinkedIn Live Targeting, you will need to have 300 followers on your LinkedIn Company Page first. In addition to LinkedIn Live access, which you can apply for here.
As a business, right now, not a lot of people are using LinkedIn Live, so this is a great opportunity to get familiar with the streaming platform and begin to try it out.
If you plan to use LinkedIn Live Targeting with Restream, remember, you don't have to enter a location and a language. You Can leave the language field blank to target a certain area with your live stream.
By using targeting on LinkedIn Live video content, you can help make sure you're getting your message in front of the the right audience. This way you can present the right products, services and workshops to your customers.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Twitter acquires Chroma Labs, a Stories template maker.
- Facebook launches Hobbi, a Pinterest clone, to document the things you love to do.
- Facebook is testing a tabbed News Feed that allows for different formats of the News Feed. Try it here.
- TikTok announces Family Safety Mode and Screentime Management, controls for setting limits on teenage children's use of the social media platform .
- Twitter will let you add a tweet to an old one with continuous Twitter thread.
- Instagram is working on a latest post feed for catching up on posts.
How To Engage With Different Cultures and Communities On Social Media
This week on our social media marketing talk show, we also invited Troy Sandidge to share tips on helping you engage with different cultures and communities on social media.
Here are the tips that he shared.
- Be aware of things outside of your industry that means something to your audience.
- Understand the language, nuances, and visuals that would relate best with diverse audiences, you want them to feel "they get me" when they interact with your brand.
- Make an effort to do research and do multiple ads or campaigns to tailored to different cultural norms. It takes more work but will be more effective for conversions and a stronger community.
Why You Need A Crisis Communications Plan For Social Media
Troy also discussed the important of having a crisis communications plan for social media. He shared these tips..
- Don't bring more attention to a complaint by responding if they appear to be disorderly and disruptive and not able to have a conversation with or a "troll".
- On Facebook you can hide comments. The only person who would see them is that user, no one else would see them. This has been an effective strategy to mitigate a situation with little to no damage to the community.
Communicate with honesty, candor and openness.
- If something happens, be sure you unschedule any social media posts. Otherwise, your business might appear insensitive if you are sharing updates.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
Does your business find it difficult to get your employees to share important company news?
With Easy Advocacy, you can invite your emlpoyees to share your campaigns across their social media channels in just a few clicks.
Easy Advocacy is a free tool from Agorapulse. You can try it using the following link.
Use Easy Advocacy to amplify the reach of your content to your employees
The second tool that we have for you this week is SendCalendar.
Would you like to attract more viewers to your live online events?
With SendCalendar, you can create and share an entire calendar with all of your events or make it easy for your audience to easily add your events to their calendar. This way it is easy for them to attend your online events.
As new events are added, your live events are automatically synced with a subscribers' calendar.
SendCalendar works with Google calendar, Apple calendar, Microsoft Outlook and more.
You can easily organize your events and invite your audience to join.
SendCalendar will run you just $9 per month for unlimited events. You can cancel at any time.
Increase attendance and boost event conversions with SendCalendar
That's it for this week's episode of Social Chatter.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!