- LinkedIn Conversation Ads
- Instagram Co-watching
- Edit tweets with Brizzly+
- Pinterest Today, see daily recommendations and trending topics.
- YouTube lowers quality to SD for month
- Auphonic - automatic audio post production web service for podcasts, live video, radio shows, movies, screencasts and more
- Audacity - a free audio editor for live video and podcasts
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed IGTV monetization tactics and free LinkedIn Learning Courses.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 234
ADD MAIN TOPICS
LinkedIn Conversation Ads In Messenger
In LinkedIn news, they are rolling out LinkedIn Conversation Ads.
With LinkedIn Conversation Ads, B2B marketers can meet their customers where they spend the most time (up to three hours per day) in their messages.
Why LinkedIn Conversation Ads Matter For Your Business
More than 2.5 billion people use mobile messaging according to LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Conversation Ads will now allow you to "build on our current Message Ads offering (formerly Sponsored InMail), and feature a "choose your own path" experience that lets you create full-funnel campaigns with multiple customized calls-to-action, like product education, webinar sign-ups, and ebook downloads."
This will help you get more of the right messages in front of your target audience. According to LinkedIn, "Conversation Ads can be used with other features like Lead Gen Forms and Conversion Tracking to help turn your conversations into conversions. What's more, they're designed for real-time engagement, which means messages can only be sent when the prospect is active on LinkedIn and in the right mindset.
"By turning ad engagements on LinkedIn from one-sided messages to two-sided conversations, Hired saw a big uptick in quality candidates entering the system, said Chase Gladden, Growth Marketing Manager at Hired. "The clickthrough rate was almost 5X higher than what we'd seen previously, which goes to show the level of engagement is pretty wild when you're able to provide multiple opportunities to click."
LinkedIn Conversation Ads will be rolling out to all users over the next several weeks.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- You can now edit tweets on Twitter using Brizzly.
- Some users can opt-in to the new Facebook Dark Mode and redesign.
- Pinterest is rolling out Pinterest Today, for discovering daily inspiration, recommendations and trending topics.
- Twitter is prioritizing is prioritizes blue-check verifications to confirm experts on COVID-19 and the novel coronavirus.
- Instagram is testing disappearing messages.
- Instagram is removing AR filters about coronavirus.
- YouTube is defaulting all videos to SD quality for the next month
- Facebook is shutting down MSQRD, the augmented reality selfie app.
- Instagram is launching Instagram Co-watching, which provides media sharing, a new feature that allows you to view Instagram posts together with your friends over video chat.
Live Video & Podcasting Tips For Social Media
This week on our social media marketing talk show, we also invited Chris Stone to share tips on improving the audio quality of your live streams, screencasts and podcasts.
Here are the tips that he shared.
How can I utilize podcasting within my business?
- Use tools such as Squadcast to record podcast episodes remotely
- Search your favorite podcast application for other similar podcasts to get ideas
- Think about how your written content can be translated to audio
How can I improve the audio quality in my live streams and podcasts?
- Use Auphonic to record better quality audio
- Be sure you use a high-quality micrphone. We like the ATR-2100
- Wear headphones and minimize background noise
What are the challenges that new podcasters face and how do you work with them to launch?
- Don't wait until it is perfect. Just get started!
- Set up systems to make it easy to capture audio. For example, Speakpipe will let customers record voicemails that you can feature during your podcast or live streaming show.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is Auphonic.
Auphonic can help you automate audio post production for podcasts, radio shows, live video, movies, screencasts and more.
They scan your audio and help you fix it in post.
Auphonic gives you up to 2 hours free per month. Prices then start at $11 per month for 9 hours of audio post processing.
Audacity, A Free Audio Editor
The second tool that we have for you this week is Audacity.
Do you need to edit your audio from your live video or podcasts?
Audacity is a free open source cross-platform audio tool for Mac and PC.
You can use it to record a podcast episode, Alexa Flash briefing and much more.
You get full control over the audio you record. Audacity is a free download.
Download Audacity for free
That's it for this week's episode of Social Chatter.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!