- IGTV Monetization
- Facebook Monetziation Manager
- Facebook Container - Prevent Facebook from tracking you
- Take free LinkedIn Learning Courses for working from home.
- Build your own lenses using Snapchat Lens Web Builder
- Yellow Duck - Broadcast to Instagram Live from your desktop
- Use InVideo to create videos for your social media channels
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed Twitter Fleets (disappearing Twitter Stories) and WhatsApp dark mode.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 233
IGTV Monetization With IGTV Advertising
In Instagram news, they are rolling out IGTV monetization through IGTV advertising.
This new IGTV monetization strategy will allow top creators to begin to generate revenue from IGTV.
Why IGTV Monetization Matters For Your Business
While IGTV monetization will not be arriving until the Spring, you should begin to try and build your Instagram presence.
For example, you could begin publishing 1-2 videos a week on IGTV to begin building an audience.
We anticipate that Instagram will eventually open IGTV advertising and revenue-sharing to all users. In the meantime, start building a library of videos on your IGTV channel.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Use Facebook Monetization Manager to grow your business using Audience Network with easy-to-use tools to manage your placements, performance and more.
- Small businesses can apply for the Facebook small business grants program, a program offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits.
- Firefox rolls out Facebook Container to help you block Facebook from tracking you on the web.
- Snapchat announces lens web builder for building your own lenses.
- YouTube Explore is replacing the Trending Tab.
- Instagram is testing re-sharing live video to IGTV.
- Instagram adds a dual camera mode.
- Instagram testing IGTV video reactions.
- Instagram working on a mirror camera mode.
Photography Tips For Social Media
This week on our social media marketing talk show, we also invited Steffen Kaplan to share tips on taking photos for social media.
Here are the tips that he shared.
Three Photos Every Business Should Have Onhand
- A candid team photo (consider using Zoom for a group photo)
- Humanize a photo (in your short walks outside)
- Take photos, even though you're not together in real life
Tools or Apps For Taking Better Photographs For Social Media
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is InVideo.
InVideo is the Canva of video tools. You can use their pre-built templates, start with a blank template or turn your articles into a video in seconds.
InVideo can help you quickly create videos for Facebook Stories, Instagram Stories, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and more.
InVideo makes it easy for you to create beautiful social videos in less time because it utilizes artifical intelligence to help you with the editing. You can try InVideo for free. A business account with more exports, premium videos and much more starts at $10 per month.
Create social videos in under five minutes
Yellow Duck, Stream Instagram Live Video From Your Desktop
The second tool that we have for you this week is Yellow Duck.
Would you like to broadcast Instagram live video from your desktop?.
Yellow Duck is an Instagram Live Video tool for PC and Mac users.
You can use Yellow Duck for free to go live on Instagram from your computer instead of always having to use Instagram Live on your mobile device. This can provide you with greater flexibility and help you improve your production value of your Instagram Lives.
Stream Instagram Live Video from your desktop
That's it for this week's episode of Social Chatter.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!