Welcome to the 251st episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. We cover the latest social media news from this past week, including Instagram Reels, Instagram Personal Fundraisers, Chirpty and more.
- Instagram is launching Instagram Reels, a TikTok competitor.
- You can now create Instagram fundraisers for personal causes.
- Facebook Messenger Rooms will allow you to go live on Facebook.
- Snapchat is rolling out Snapchat Minis, which are bite-sized thirt-party apps.
- Some brands can now create Snapchat Brand Profiles.
- Facebook Messenger is adding screen sharing to iOS and Android.
- Facebook is testing removing Page likes.
- Use Chirpty to create Twitter interaction circles.
- New tool: Telbee Vox will let your customers record voice messages on your website.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed Instagram pinned comments.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 251
Are you looking for an alternative to TikTok, which could soon get banned in the United States?
This week, Instagram confirmed they are rolling out Instagram Reels.
With Instagram Reels, their TikTok competitor, you will be able to create and post short, 15-second videos set to music or other audio, similar to TikTok.
Instagram Reels will also provide a set of editing tools similar to TikTok's. These include a countdown timer and tools to adjust the video’s speed.
Here is a look at Reels for Instagram.
Instagram Reels is now available to everyone. To access it, first update your Instagram app from your device's App Store. Next, launch the camera and look for the 'Reels' option.
Keep in mind that some accounts may not yet have this feature.
Why Instagram Reels Matter For Your Business
If your business has hesitated to move to TikTok because your customers are not there, Instagram Reels makes that move much more easy.
A majority of your customers are likely already using Instagram. By introducing Reels, this helps make the move much easier - they also won't have to sign-up for another platform.
In addition to being an alternative to TikTok, which should help squelch any issues most people have with TikTok, Reels will also give you access to more tools for creating short for videos for the gram.
Although Instagram Reels will not officially launch until August, this gives you time to develop a stronger Instagram strategy.
This way when Reels is available, your business can be ready to further engage with your audience on Instagram.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Instagram is rolling out fundraisers for personal causes.
- Snapchat is launching Snap Minis, which are lightweight third-party apps.
- Some brands are getting their own Snapchat Brand Profiles!
- You can now go live from Facebook Messenger Rooms.
- Facebook Messenger is adding screen sharing for iOS and Android. To screen share in Facebook Messenger, follow these steps.
How to Screen Share iPhone With Messenger Video Calls
- After starting a video call, swipe up on the control panel at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap “Share Your Screen” then tap “Start Sharing.
- Tap “Start Broadcast".
- Tap the screen in the gray blank area to leave the screen broadcast popup and use the new feature.
- Swipe up from the Messenger app to navigate to another app and show off your screen (this works system-wide).
- You can end the screen sharing by tapping “STOP” in the top-right corner in the Messenger app, tapping the persistent red recording pill in the top-left of your iPhone, or by ended the video call.
- Don't worry if your Facebook Page likes disappeared. Facebook is testing followers on Pages.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
Chirpty, Twitter Interaction Circles
The first tool that we have for you this week is Chirpty.
Do you know which accounts you interact with the most on Twitter?
A quick way to find out is to use Chirpty.
With Chirpty, you simply enter in a Twitter account and you can see which accounts they engage with most often.
You can use Chirpty for free. If you want to skip the line, they charge $0.99 for Chirpty Hopper so that you can get your Twitter interaction circle faster.
Create a Twitter interaction circle
The second tool that we have for you this week is Telbee Vox.
Do you communicate with customers using voice or just over email?
With Telbee Vox, you can provide a way for customers to record voice messages to you from your website.
As a business owner, you can listen and respond using voice as well.
This way you can engage more with your customers, as opposed to treating them as just another shopper.
Here is a look at the Telbee Vox interface.
You can use Telbee Vox for free with up to 2 users. This gives you 60 vox minutes per month.
If you need more time, transcriptions and channels, prices start at just $12 per month per user.Let your customers send you voice messages
To sum it up this week, Instagram Reels, a TikTok competitor, will let you crate and post 15-second videos set to music or audio. With Reels, this is Instagram's chance to gain new users who might have to leave the TikTok platform.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!