Welcome to the 268th episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. In addition to covering the latest breaking social media news, this article will focus on social media news from this past week, including Instagram Keyword Search, which will reduce your need to only search by a username or hashtag on Instagram.
We will also take a look at the following social media news topics.
- You can now create Guides on Instagram.
- Shops and Reels are being added to your Instagram home screen.
- Facebook launched vanish mode for Messenger and Instagram.
- Opt-out of third-party ad content on Facebook and Instagram.
- Facebook Rights Manager rolls out additional ways for Creators to monetize their content.
- Send tweets that disappear using Twitter Fleets.
- Run YouTube Audio Ads.
- New tool: GroupBoss, a Facebook Group CRM tool.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed LinkedIn Marketing Guides.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 268
Instagram Keyword Search
This week, Instagram announced Instagram Keyword Search, which will let you search for specific keywords, rather than just hashtags, profiles or locations on Instagram.
This is big news, because previously, your Instagram searches were limited. Now you will be able to find posts that include the keyword search query on Instagram.
For now, keyword search will be limited to general interest topics and keywords. What this means is you'll likely find some general word, but not specific brands for now.
Here is a look at Instagram keyword search.
Keep in mind that not everyone will be getting Instagram keyword search at first. It is available in English to users in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland today. Just be sure to update your Instagram app from your devices App Store.
Why Instagram Keyword Search Matters For Your Business
By adding keyword search on Instagram, your business might see an increase in visitors and followers to your Instagram content.
This can lead to more exposure for your business on Instagram.
Although users will only be able to search for more generic keywords right now, it would be a good time to start writing more descriptive posts on Instagram.
When Instagram keyword search expands, your previous content has a chance to be found.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Messages on Messenger and Instagram (coming soon), can now disappear automatically.
- Collect Ad Earnings by turning on monetization within Facebook Rights Manager across Facebook and Instagram.
- Create product guides (that users can shop from). Instagram Guides will appear on your Instagram Profile and can be shared across Stories and in DMs and Instagram keyword search.
- Turn off third-party data for ad tracking on Facebook and Instagram.
- You may notice a change on your Instagram home screen. Shops and Reels are taking centerstage.
- Send tweets that can disappear.
- Reach users over audio with YouTube Audio Ads.
How to Build A Successful Facebook Group
During this week's live social media marketing talk show, we also talked with Dorien Morin-van Dam from Social Media Pro about building a successful Facebook Group.
Here are the tips that she shared.
What Are Three Tips When Building A Successful Facebook Group?
- Name your group strategically, optimized for Facebook search!
- Create a strategic start-up plan to build momentum from the start, gaining new members.
- Create a content plan and offer value to your members. Exclusive content and access to experts is often enough to keep members and to bring new ones in.
How Can A Business Monetize A Facebook Group?
- Sponsorship or collaboration with partners/brands.
- Offer mentoring or coaching.
- Funnel members into a VIP paid group.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
GroupBoss, A Facebook Groups CRM Tool
The first tool that we have for you this week is GroupBoss.
GroupBoss is a tool for managing Facebook Groups.
If you run a Facebook Group, you know how much time is involved to actively manage your Group.
With GroupBoss, you can quickly generate leads from your Facebook Group members. You can automate your sales funnel and lead management, collect email or phone numbers from members without having to bug them for this information and build your email list from your Facebook Groups.
Here is a look at how to use GroupBoss.
Prices for GroupBoss start at $99 per year. You can also purchase a lifetime version of GroupBoss for $299.Manage your Facebook Group members more efficiently
The second tool that we have for you this week is Hashflags.
Hashflags are a hashtag with a Twitter emoji forming part of the tag.
If you're stuck on what hashtag to use for an event, check out Hashflags. You might be able to get some ideas of what top brands are using, along with their own hashflag.
Hashflags is a free directory.Search Twitter hashflags
To sum it up this week, we discussed Instagram Keyword Search, which expands search capabilities on Instagram.
You can now search across some posts (previously, you could only search hashtags, usernames and locations, so start being more descriptive on your Instagram content, it may get found in search results.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!