Welcome to the 257th episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. We cover the latest social media news from this past week, including Instagram Guides, Twitter quote tweets, influencer marketing,GroupHigh and more.
- Instagram launched Instagram Guides.
- Twitter is separating retweets and quotes with Twitter quote tweets.
- Keen is a new tool from Google that rivals Pinterest, except it uses artificial intelligence to curate content.
- New tool: GroupHigh can help you find bloggers, social media influencers and influential websites.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed live shopping.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 257
This week, Instagram launched Instagram Guides.
Instagram Guides gives users an easier way to consume helpful recommendations and tips from trusted creators, public figures, organizations, and publishers.
With Guides from Instagram, you can share and consume content on Instagram. For example, you can follow a users posts.
While Instagram Guides will initially focus on wellness content, they can be a very useful tool for creating step-by-step guides, recommendations and tips.
Right now, Guides can only be accessed from a creator's profile page. The icon looks like a newspaper.
Why Instagram Guides Matter For Your Business
While Instagram Guides are limited to certain types of content for now, you can prepare your business ahead of time.
As you are creating written tutorials and guides for your business, you can prepare a script to include as an Instagram Guide.
This way, when Instagram rolls out guides, your business can simply take the ones you have prepared ahead of time, and add them to your Instagram account.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Twitter breaks retweets into retweets and quote tweets.
- Facebook has added a tool in your Ad library for tracking political ad spend.
- Facebook is changing their terms of service in October, 2020. Here is what this means for the content that you post.
- You can access Facebook Messenger chats and Instagram Direct chats from the same location now.
- Restream will now let you access stream recordings, which are great for repurposing!
- TikTok is partnering with Teespring, to help creators sell merch via their app.
- Google launches Keen, a curation app, that uses artificial inteliigence to help curate and collaborate with less manual work.
Tips On Becoming An Influencer
We talked with Neal Schaffer, Author of the book, The Age of Influence.
Here are the tips that he shared.
Why Should We Become An Influencer?
- Employee advocacy can help your business gain exposure through your employees
- Being an influencer can lead to future opportunities to be featured on third-party blog sites
- People can help you build a network if you don't have one
How Do You Become An Influencer?
- Focus on your business and less on social media (it is just a medium)
- Build relationships (know, like, and trust) with others
How Do You Measure Success As An Influencer?
- Look at the data. What moves the needle?
- If you are working with a company, how much engagement do your posts generate from others?
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is GroupHigh.
Do you use influencers to help market your content, courses and business initiatives?
Working with influencers can be a powerful way to quickly spread the word about your company, products and services that you offer.
But how do you determine which influencers you should reach out to and which social media influencers will help move the needle?
With GroupHigh, you can easily identify which people to reach out to, which blogs to connect with for promoting your products, and more, from one convenient dashboard.
Here is a look at how to use GroupHigh (and get the most from it).
GroupHigh can help with blogger outreach and influencer marketing. Prices start at $8,00.00 per year, peruser. You can try GroupHigh free for 7 days.Find quality influencers to help market your business
The second tool that we have for you this week is Keyhole.
Do you know how your social media campaigns are performing?
If you do, you can determine which campaigns to continue running, which ones to change, and which ones to scrap.
With Keyhole, you can set up your own hashtags to use for your social media campaigns and use Keyhole to help track them for your own business or for your clients.
You can try Keyhole free. The Keyhole Suite starts at $59 per month, and includes social listening, account analytics, influencer management and quick trends.Measure the performance of your social media campaigns
To sum it up this week, Instagram Guides make it much easier for you to curate and consume content on Instagram and to continue story-telling for your business.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!