Welcome to the 239th episode of Social Chatter, the longest running social media marketing talk show. We cover the latest social media news from this past week, including Facebook Messenger Rooms, Facebook Live With and more.
- First, Facebook is launching Facebook Messenger Rooms, a Zoom alternative.
- Secondy, you can now have group voice and video calls with WhatsApp Group Calls.
- Use Facebook Live With, to add another person to your live video broadcast.
- Watch or listen to Facebook Lives with a Facebook Live Audio option.
- Save Instagram Live videos to IGTV.
- Facebook Portal now supports live from Portal to Facebook Pages and Groups.
- Facebook will display the location of the Facebook Page or Instagram account with a large audience on every post it shares now supports.
- TikTok announces donation stickers.
- SparkToro, can help you discover which publications your audience reads, what they watch, who they listen to and follow.
- Offeo is an easy-to-use video creation tool.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed YouTube Video Builder and LinkedIn Polls with Christian Karasiewicz, Jim Fuhs, and Stepanie Liu from Lights, Camera, Live.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 239
Facebook Messenger Rooms, A Zoom Alternative
In Facebook news, they have launched Facebook Messenger Rooms, an alternative to Zoom.
According to Facebook, you can now "create a room right from Messenger or Facebook, and invite anyone to join your video call, even if they don’t have a Facebook account." Therfore, you will also be able to create Facebook Messenger Rooms that hold up to 50 people with no time limit!
Here is how to use Facebook Messenger Rooms.
Facebook Messenger Rooms: How to Create A Room From Messenger or Facebook
Why Facebook Messenger Rooms Matter For Your Business
If you've been using Zoom, while it is a great tool for video conferencing, it can be very expensive if you want to hold meetings that are longer than 40 minutes. You also have to pay separately for video conferencing and webinar features.
But with Facebook Messenger Rooms, you now have a Zoom alternative that you can use for free.
In addition, anyone can join Messenger Rooms. They do not need to have a Facebook account to join either.
If a user has the Facebook Messenger app, they can use AR effects to add virtual overlays, 360 backgrounds and more.
So sum it up, if you want to learn more about Facebook Messenger Rooms and the privacy controls, you can do so click here.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- WhatsApp is expanding WhatsApp Group Calls. You can have group voice and video calls with up to eight people.
- Facebook brings back Facebook Live With. As a result, you can now add one guest at a time during your live broadcast.
- Facebook expands live broadcasts. They are adding in Facebook Live audio for people with weak connections.
- Facebook Portal is adding the ability to go live with Portal to Facebook Pages and Groups..
- Facebook to provide the country location of people managing a Facebook Page or Instagram account.
- You can now save Instagram Live videos to IGTV after your broadcast.
- TikTok is launching a Donation Sticker for COVID-19. To add a sticker, follow these steps.
Live Video Tips For Business Owners
This week on our social media marketing talk show, we also invited Scott Ayres from Agorapulse on how they grow a live stream.
Here are the tips that he shared.
How Do You Grow A Live Stream?
- Be consistent with the time/day of your show
- Have a format you follow weekly
- Have great sound quality
- Promote your live a few days before and then again the day of
- Run a Facebook Watch Party everywhere
How Can A Business Conduct Their Own Social Media Experiments?
- Test for at least 2 weeks, a month is preferred.
- Test at least 10 posts in each category you're testing
- Remove all anomalies (hashtags, location tags, user tags, sharing to stories or other platforms (unless that's what you're testing)
- Compare results in an A/B tester such as Neil Patel's, 95% certainty or higher is the goal
How Many Social Media Experiments Do You Recommend Running At A Time?
- One social media experiment at a time. You don't want to test too many things at once
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is SparkToro.
How much do you know about your customers, what they read, listen to, watch or who influences them?
With SparkToro, you can use artificial intelligence to quickly discover publications that interests your audience.
SparkToro provides up to 10 searches per month for free. You can quickly identify what people consume (and even the words they use) to help your business improve the quality of the content you publish. This way you can use the right wording in your marketing materials.
If you need more than 10 searches per month, you can upgrade to their Basic plan, which offers 100 searches per month and gives you access to the Top 50 results for $112 per month.
Use SparkToro and artificial intelligence to identify the content, wording, audio and videos your audience consumes
Offeo, A Video Creation Tool
The second tool that we have for you this week is Offeo.
Offeo is a tool to help you create amazing videos.
With Offeo, you can easily design videos for your business without needing to hire a Video Editor.
You get access to beautiful templates, plus eye-catching movements to animate your video content with Genimate. you can even add a soundtrack to your videos from 500+ audio tracks. Here is a look at Offeo.
You can use Offeo for free - you are limited to 1 project. Alternatively, you can upgrade to Offeo Premium for $19 per month. They offer a 14-day free trial that allows you to create unlimited projects, videos up to 3 minutes, 20 high-quality background removals per month and more!
Here is a video that Agorapulse created for their Social Media Lab.
Create professional videos for your social media channels with Offeo
To sum it up, Facebook Messenger Rooms is going to be a positive move and therefore, you should experiment with it.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!