- Facebook launched a series of Facebook Live video tools to include an audio-only Facebook Live, Facebook Live Producer, the ability to access Facebook Lives without a Facebook account.
- Facebook launches Facebook Messenger for Desktop.
- YouTube is testing YouTube Shorts in their bid to take on TikTok.
- Collaborate with your team with help from Wrike, online project management software.
- Try the tool, Screen for fast screen sharing, drawing and video with others.
If you missed the last episode of our social media marketing talk show, we discussed LinkedIn Conversation Ads with Christian Karasiewicz, Jim Fuhs and Chris Stone.
Social Chatter: Social Media Marketing Talk Show - Episode 235
New Facebook Live Tools For Marketers
In Facebook news, they have rolled out a host of new Facebook Live tools to enhance your live video content. These include:
- Non-Facebook users can watch live streams from mobile devices (and desktop)
- Audio-only Facebook Live video broadcasts
- A toll-free dial-in option for people to dial into any live broadcast from any telephone
- Automatic closed captions on all Facebook Live videos
Why New Facebook Live Tools Matter For Your Business
Facebook has added a host of Facebook Live video tools to help you reach more users though live streaming.
For example, users who are in developing countries or have low bandwidth, can now listen to your Facebook Live thanks to an audio-only option.
In addition, there is now auto-closed captioning on every Facebook Live video that you do. This can help improve accessibility and help your business reach more viewers - even those who watch with the sound off or need the closed-captions.
With these new Facebook Live tools, Facebook is looking to help tap into more people across the globe. Previously, if someone wanted to watch your live videos, they had to have a Facebook account. Now they don't. They'll be able to tune-in from mobile (they could already watch from desktop without an account).
Another move by Facebook is that they are adding a toll-free dial-in option. Not much is known about how you will access this, but it will be yet another way for people to tune-in to your lives.
One last Facebook Live tool that is being improved is the Facebook Stars program, which is a way for Creators to make money. Facebook is expanding this to musicians and cultural institutions. It is already available for gamers.
Together with the upcoming Facebook Live Producer, which will add comment moderation, overlays, and clipping soon, you will have the necessary tools to build a professional setup on the Facebook platform to help you reach more of your customers.
All of these new Facebook Live tools are rolling out to all users starting now.
Other Social Media News Mentioned
Here are some additional social media news topics that we covered on our weekly live social media marketing talk show that are worth checking out.
- Facebook launches Facebook Messenger desktop apps. Download for Mac and Microsoft.
- Tips from Facebook for retail advertisers on how they can respond to Coronavirus.
- Tips from Facebook for eCommerce advertisers on how to respond to Coronavirus.
- Tips from Facebook for business owners on how to respond to Coronavirus.
- LinkedIn makes it recruiting tools free to those fighting coronavirus pandemic.
- Pinterest to provide tips on how to connect with Pinterest inspired shoppers.
- YouTube is working on YouTube Shorts, which are short videos in their mobile app to compete with TikTok.
How To Improve Your Marketing Messages
This week on our social media marketing talk show, we also invited Lisa Patrick to share tips on improving your marketing messages in your business.
Here are the tips that she shared.
How Do Personality Styles Shape Our Marketing Messages?
- Personality styles play a major role not just in the conversations that you have or even in your hiring process, but also in the messages that you provide specific to your marketing message.
- Dominate personality - you’ll want to get to the point, be considered and ensure that you focus on the benefit of productivity, fears being hustled.
- Influencer personality - you’ll need to focus the benefit of saving them effort, your copy needs to be dramatic, stimulating and enthusiastic. They fear being rejected. Give lots of testimonials and incentives.
- Steady personality - you’ll need to be their friend. They like stability and want you to save them any conflict. Personal assurances is how they make decisions. Fear sudden changes.
- Conscientous personality - you’ll need to provide lots of data, facts and logic in your copy. Be very detailed and accurate. They fear criticism and being wrong. Focus on the ‘process’.
Why Are the Basics of Marketing Often Missed In the Marketing Structure of Small Businesses?
- I believe that our relationships will make the difference in the results you’ll achieve, the impact you’ll have and the speed in which you’ll make opportunities happen.
- I believe that being authentic is the frequency of our greatness. And the words we choose must match the actions we take and they way we speak non-verbally.
- I believe that whether you are in marketing or an engineer, the golden rule is applicable but the platinum rule, treat other’s how they’d like to be treated’ is your competitive advantage.
- If you need ideas on what to write about, try Answer the Public to help identify common questions in your industry to write about.
In addition to sharing the latest news from this past week, we also highlighted some great social media tools and apps for you to check out.
The first tool that we have for you this week is Wrike.
Wrike is a project management tool. You can use it to keep track of everything you are doing in your business - and even track the progress of each task.
We prefer using a tool such as Wrike over email because it helps keep everything organized. You can also assign tasks to team members and easily track how far along you are. Are you ahead or behind?
Here is a look at how Wrike works. One thing we really like is that it eliminates playing email ping pong because conversations are not held in separate platforms - everything is in one convenient place for you to monitor and track.
You can use Wrike for free for up to 5 users. if you need access to their full project management dashboard, you can get the Professional plan for free for the next 6-months (normally $10 per month).Try Wrike for online project management
The second tool that we have for you this week is Screen.
Are you working remotely? Do you need to collaborate with others?
Screen is a fast screen sharing tool. You can work together as if you are in the same room. For example, you can program code together, use a virtual whiteboard to share visual ideas, conduct, draw on-screen and more. You can also integrate Screen with Slack
Here is a look at how Screen works.
Screen offers a host of plans to fit your needs. You can use it for free if you just need to join meetings. If you need to join and host your own meetings, it will cost $10 per month, but it is free right now for the next few months.
Try Screen for free
That's it for this week's episode of Social Chatter.
To watch next week's episode of Social Chatter, your weekly social media marketing talk show, tune-in to our YouTube channel or watch on Facebook to learn about the latest breaking social media news from this week!
r in the comments below.